Monday, November 8, 2010

Timeless

It is November ... and according to the ticker, it's about 7 months before the wedding. What have been checked in the list? other than the venue and date, absolutely NOTHING. *panic*

I guess since I have been surveying and surveying and surveying since the past 3 years, I got accustomed to just surveying and didn't realise that it is now time to make decisions. That would be hard cause I have been surveying and collecting so much that I would have to sift through all the clipped pages of the wedding magazines that i bought since 2007 (which are a lot), the folders i created in the computer and the most tormenting of all, get quotations from a long list of vendors. wow. where do I start?

The dress.

To quote the legendary Vera Wang;
"As the wedding dress is usually the first decision after the date, time and location of the wedding, it creates an important source of ideas for other wedding details."

Yes Vera, you are ever so wise. Now, I just have to finally decide on the everchanging design for my wedding dress. The dress is the most important component of the wedding. I have been dreaming of the dress since I was a little girl, hence the everchanging designs.

I don't want my dress to look dated, too much in-trend and basically look like every other bride's dresses that season. So, concocting the perfect formula for the perfect design would be difficult. It doesn't have to be too extravagant, or so unique. It has to be elegant, classic, with a slight modern touch. Timeless. I am inspired by the 1950s brides such as Grace Kelly of Monaco, Jacqueline Kennedy-Onassis a.k.a Jackie-O and my idol, Audrey Hepburn.

The stunning Grace Kelly on her Wedding
The oh-so-famous wedding dress which has become the most replicated wedding dress nowadays
(eg: Maya Karin's wedding in France, Ivanka Trump's Vera Wang wedding gown)  

The beautiful Jackie-O in Ann Lowe


The iconic Audrey Hepburn. This is a dress she wore in her movie "Sabrina".

The wedding gown that she never wore - “I want my dress to be worn by another girl for her wedding, perhaps someone who couldn’t ever afford a dress like mine, the most beautiful, poor Italian girl you can find.”

She didn't get married in this dress either. This was the wedding dress that she wore in her movie "Funny Face"

This dress was the dress of her first wedding, with Mel Ferrer

Audrey's second marriage to Andrea Dotti
Ok, so above are the beautiful wedding dresses of among the most astounding, iconic and beautiful women (for me atleast). The dresses might not exactly be what I am having in mind for my dress, as I have said earlier, Grace Kelly's  Helen Rose gown has been replicated so much now, and Jackie Kennedy's dress might be a tad too puffy and the length of Audrey's dresses does not really fit my idea of a long flowy wedding gown, but they (the dresses and most importantly the women in the dresses) are definitely INSPIRATIONS.   

Other inspirations would be the styles of Queen Rania (tho her wedding dress might not be a preferred choice for me), Coco Chanel, Princess Mary of Denmark, Princess Letizia of Spain, Carla Bruni-Sarkozy among others. The Oscars' red carpet is also inspiring.
Queen Rania of Jordan - "Being Queen is not who I am, it's what I do"

Queen Rania on her Wedding day

The epitome of beauty

The legendary Coco Chanel

Coco ageing with style

Princess Mary of Denmark

Getting married to the ohhh-sooooo-handsome Prince Frederik of Denmark

Clean and Stylish

Princess Letizia of Spain

The Spanish Royal Wedding

Very Chanel

Carla Sarkozy-Bruni, First Lady of France

When the Princess of Spain met the First Lady of France

Malaysian women also have beautiful style, those who inspire me would be Sheila Majid, Wan Zaleha Radzi, Nasha Aziz, Noryn Aziz and the lovely DYTM Raja Puan Besar Perak, Tuanku  Zara Davidson (panjangnya nama, can I just call her Princess Zara? That's what I would want people to call me if I married the son of a Sultan... heeee. berangan).

Sheila Majid - true to her style



Wan Zaleha Radzi - simplistic beauty



Nasha Aziz during her engagement (which sadly, was called off)
Styling the modern Audrey look


The Glamorous Noryn Aziz




The beauuutiful Princess of Perak

Royal Beauty

Ladies of elegance with exquisite, but simple taste.


 So, how would my wedding dress look like?

2 comments:

  1. 3 years Adi? Wow, I have never thought of marriage even 1 year ago. You're good, man! :)Btw, i loveeee Queen Rania's wedding gown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah..it started with Kakmyra's wedding la...while doing research for her, I did for mine as well..."menyelam sambil minum air"? :)

    ReplyDelete